Monday, June 20, 2011

Everything else can wait...

As I sit here typing, I am looking and thinking about all I need to accomplish around our home. There is laundry to be done. A dishwasher needing to be emptied. Sandy towels and bathing suits on our front lawn from our quick trip to the beach, and countless other things that are making me cringe. But, I have decided that for now, I will just sit here. And enjoy. No TV on. A slight breeze brushing through the trees in our backyard, birds chirping....and a sweet little boy sleeping peacefully on my chest. I listen to him breathing. In. and. Out. In. and Out. I do not do this nearly enough.

All sorts of things going through my head. I am in amazement at how much our sweet little boy is changing. He no longer has the look of a newborn. His face is getting chunky. His personality is shining through. As I listen to him breathe, I think about his first week in the NICU, the memories still very fresh inside of me. I remember what his breathing used to be like, and now, it is perfectly normal. As I caress his head, he smiles in his sleep. This is the life.

Yeah. I could be cleaning and doing things around the house while the girls are napping/resting upstairs, but instead, I will sit here. Enjoy my baby boy, for tomorrow he will be even bigger, and all too soon, he will be big like his sisters, and not need his mommy so much. I love this time with our babies. It's the one time I can sit down and enjoy without the interruptions from the others. Life goes by way too fast and today, I am going to enjoy him. Everything else can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!