Monday, June 25, 2012

Fertilized

Whenever possible, we try to buy local, farm fresh eggs. I don't know about you, but I think they taste better than the store bought ones. 

The other day all the kiddos wanted eggs for breakfast. I broke one...and then another, and another.....and then this BIG. RED. BLOB comes out of the egg. And I wanted to puke. OMG. I swore. Mairead asked what was wrong. And I told her...."A fertilized egg"

She immediately became concerned and upset. She didn't understand how the farmer didn't know, and if she had known, she would have saved it she could raise the chicken for its eggs. I felt bad for her. She wouldn't even eat the fresh batch of eggs I made for her after that. 

Afterall, it was rather disturbing... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!