Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Little Valentines

The last few days have all been about "celebrating". On Monday, it was my birthday....ugh, 33. It's really starting to pinch a little, and yesterday, Valentines. But, I take solace in knowing Kevin is several years older than I am...so, it doesn't quite hurt as bad.

Me and my crew on my birthday
Kevin made my cake!!! Impressed? Yes, I was.  We only had those candles...sure, I'll pretend to be 22, but he was nice and wrote "33" on the back side of the candle! 
Kevin and I aren't really big Valentines people, so on Sunday night we had a date night to kill two birds with one stone - my birthday dinner and a valentines dinner. We went to this European restaurant in search of good Spanish tapas - we left fairly disappointed, but it was just nice to get out, have quiet conversation without kids. I joke around with Kevin saying he gets off easy because he can "group" Valentines and my birthday together - thanks to my parents for screwing me from getting two distinct days all to myself ;)

My birthday was quiet, but nice. Kevin took the day off, and the girls really wanted to go to the American Girl store. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee! Exactly what I wanted to do on my birthday, but at this point, watching the smiles on their faces was good enough for me, birthdays aren't about me anymore really.... We had lunch and Churros out, and enjoyed a nice dinner together - we saved the big dinner for Valentines!


Valentines day was a great day! Usually on Tuesdays we do "Tidy Up Tuesday" before gymnastics class, but instead, the girls made valentines for all the kids in their gymnastics class, I guess my messy house can wait, and honestly, I'll take any excuse I can make up not to clean my house. Mairead and Lilah were so excited to pass them out to everyone! The kids were all decked out in their pinks and reds and looked so freakin' adorable. I love that they're finally getting why we are celebrating these little "holidays"!  While the big girls were at gymnastics, I took Clara and Callum out and got our fondue, lobsters, filet mignon, steamers (clams), dessert and of course, wine! This is our 2nd year that we celebrate Valentines night as a family and make a special dinner together. It's a lot of fun for everyone.

I couldn't wait for dinner! The big girls chowed down on their steamers and Kevin and I loved the fondue. As much as our kids love cheese, they don't like fondue???? I think they must be crazy!?! They are stuffing themselves with CLAMS but will not eat cheese and bread??? Weird. The lobster was fab, wait, everything was just oh, so good!

Callum just loves his sisters. In this photo, Clara was making Callum laugh hysterically! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Such adorable girls! Happy Birthday my friend. We will drink to that and SO much more this summer! Can't wait to see you and meet your WHOLE gang!

    ReplyDelete

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!