Monday, May 7, 2012

Special Blankets...

I don't know about your kids, but all of mine have a special blanket. When our children were babies, I swaddled them and swaddled them tight. Each of our kids blankets come from special places, some were given as gifts, and others were purchased by me before birth, wherever they came from, they are all very much loved.

Some of our blankets have traveled a lot of miles with our children and have received a lot of use and abuse. They provide comfort to our children when they are in a place that is not their own.

You can see both Callum and Lilah snuggling with their blankets on our most recent trip to Mexico. Callum snuggled right in with his while he took his naps on the plane, and Lilah used hers to keep her warm, Whatever the reason, every child needs a blanket. I tend to look at blankets and remember certain memories of our different children using them.

I've always wanted to make blankets, but I just haven't gotten to know my sewing machine on a very personal basis yet, and have always admired those who are able to create such treasured items in a child's life, so for now, I will admire from afar, but some day, I will embark on a challenge to create special blankets made out of special clothing I have set aside from our children's infant wardrobe.

So, where is this going you may be asking yourself? 

Well, a friend of mine (and mamma to six children) has embarked on her own journey to start a business selling homemade quilts and other awesomely created items! I envy her talent and would love to help her business take off and this is why I am sharing her with you! Any mom who has 6 children and can create what she does is special, and that is why we will be hosting a giveaway for one of her fantastic items. For those who read my blog, this will serve as a thank you for being faithful readers!

This will be a great opportunity for you to have a chance to snatch up that special blanket for your child or if you know of someone who is in need of one, you can send them here to enter our giveaway! If you are not the lucky winner of the quilt, you will have a chance to grab an item from Heather's store at a discounted price.

Heather will be guest blogging this week and we will announce all the details of the giveaway - so stay tuned for further details (and spread the word)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!