Monday, May 21, 2012

BIG Changes ahead...

Because it seems as though Kevin and I aren't satisfied with status quo, we thought it would be fun to move our family back to Maine. And because I haven't talked very much about our very impending move, you can read all about the background here.

So. Yeah. Where was I? Oh yeah. Status quo. Moving.

In less than one week Kevin and I will be putting all of our crap back on a moving truck and moving into our cute little house back home in Maine. Four kids. Three bedrooms. It's gonna be a good time.

Yep. You read that right. We're moving back to Maine. We thought it would be fun to do a non-military move sandwiched between a real military move. I mean, who doesn't like moving? And who doesn't like moving 500+ miles with four kids??? That's right. We are doing this ourselves. With a U-HAUL, and if that doesn't make you jealous, we're getting two because we have that much crap. Jealous yet?

No? Well, we will have two U-Hauls and we will be packing up our crap all by ourselves. Yes. You read that right. We are not hiring a soul. We are doing this alone and with the help of my parents and some amazing friends. There will be no watching people pack for me.

I'll admit, I am actually enjoying all this packing. It's kind of exciting. We will be embarking on a completely different way of life for our family and I look forward to sharing (or bitching about) the ups and downs with you all. Don't get me wrong. I am not completely excited about our new arrangements, but Kevin and I feel as though this is the best thing for our family and we will do everything in our power to make it work for the better and to provide a happier environment for our family. Quality over quantity, right?

You see, Kevin will continue to work here in DC. He will fly back and forth weekly from Maine to DC with the ability to work from home a little. It's definitely going to be an adjustment, and I am sure there will be plenty of bumps in the road, but, we've been handed some pretty hefty bumps in the past, and we've come out stronger. We've been planning and thinking and obsessing and talking about this move for months now, seriously, it's been too long, and we're both just ready to execute our plan. The good news? This situation is temporary. Kevin and I are determined individuals. We aren't afraid to make a change.

Yesterday, Kevin moved some furniture into his new "un-bachelor pad". He will live there midweek along side with another Coastie who is also leaving his wife and four children behind in Milwaukee. It will be nice for Kevin to have someone to commiserate with. This house was a blessing for us and we are so lucky to have had this opportunity for Kevin to live here while he finishes his tour here in DC.

The kids are extremely excited to go home. They are excited to see their friends and my parents. They're excited for their swingset, and big backyard, and the beach and everything in between. Mairead is going to try 1st grade in public school and Lilah is going to try preschool at Our School where Mairead attended. There are changes coming ahead for everyone, but I'd like to think they are all changes in a positive manner!

I am just hoping the move goes smoothly! and everything else just falls into place...

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything goes great! I know how excited you and your family are to move back to Maine. After being there this Fall (and many times before) that is one place I would not hesitate to move to if my husband ever took a new fire department job!

    ReplyDelete

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!