Sunday, September 16, 2012

Add another to the list?... or maybe not?

Friday morning we finally had a fairly "successful" morning with Mairead. She ate her breakfast so well she made the morning bus! I have to admit, I enjoyed Friday morning. I put my baby girl on the school bus and continued to have a gloriously lazy morning since no one else had to go to school. It was great! There hadn't been any morning fits about breakfast, though Mairead did ask if she could stay home. Again. She knew what my answer would be.

After she asked, I asked her why she didn't want to go to school. She claimed she enjoyed homeschooling better (I am beginning to realize just how great it really was). I asked her why and she said that she was bored in school and there were a lot of distractions. She said when she was homeschooled, I taught her, she did her work, then it was time to play, but at school, the kids don't listen, and the teacher has to stop frequently to address the class, etc. She's a smart kid. Mairead is really looking to be challenged more at school, I keep telling her to be patient, but it is frustrating!

So our friends left at 215 that afternoon, and I couldn't wait for Mairead to be gone. Seven hours is way too long for my girl to be gone from home each and everyday. I miss her. Her sisters miss her. Since Mairead did so well and made the morning bus, I told her she could take the bus home if she wanted. 3 o'clock rolled around and instead of me leaving to go grab her at school, I had to wait at least another 45 minutes to see her. Those 45 minutes went forever. Lilah continued to ask when her sister would be home. That didn't make time go any faster either. About 345 we headed outside to greet Mairead on the bus. As each minute past, I became more and more impatient. Where was my girl? Finally at 410pm I was really impatient. Then the phone rang. It was the school. They had Mairead.


The bus driver claimed she didn't see me outside and didn't drop her off. While I respect her choice to keep our daughter safe, I was annoyed. I just wanted to see my little girl! Our neighbor watched the kids and I ran to get Mairead at school. Thankfully it's close by! I ran inside and Mairead greeted me with a great, big hug. No tears. Nothing. Phew! As we walked out, Mairead asked if she could be a "pick up" from now on. Of course, I said!

But then over the weekend, Mairead said she was writing her teacher a note:

Mairead's first forged signature.

Guess she wasn't too broken up over the bus mishap. I am glad. I was worried that was just another strike against school.

Don't worry! I placed the note in the bag for her teacher to see! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!