Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just call me lazy...

Yesterday I made the plunge and started giving Clara breakfast. Yeah, she's 9 months old, and for the last two months or so I have just been making an effort to give her dinner every night with us. If you've been reading my blog, you may have read Babies & Solid Foods or Who says you have to go slow?. With all three of our girls, I have not rushed into giving our girls three meals per day, actually, the third meal (lunch) doesn't usually come into play until about 11-12 months.

Why? You ask. Pure laziness for the most part. Sure, breastmilk is Clara's main source of nutrition until she reaches 10-12 months of age, and she is gaining weight right on her growth curve. So why mess with that?

Honestly? It's just easier to stick the boob in her mouth when she's hungry. No food to prepare. No mess to clean up. It's 100% portable and it's quick and easy. The other reason is because it's just one more kid I have to feed and clean up, especially in the morning when things are a bit crazy. I have to get the two dogs out, make sure they don't join the neighbors for breakfast, feed the dogs, and prepare breakfast for the girls. Clara usually plays happily during this time and from time to time, will share my breakfast.

Well, yesterday, I sucked it up and started Clara with breakfast. She was psyched to get into her high chair and eat with the big girls. Honey nut cheerios & fresh nectarines. She was in heaven! So, breakfast it is for the next few months! She'll start eating lunch probably mid-late summer. Our little baby is growing up. It's so bittersweet!

So for now, it will be booby & big girl food in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!