Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Po-Po

The girls were having a playdate yesterday with a friend.. Callum and Clara were napping, and the house was relatively quiet. The girls were playing "house" and I hear Mairead say something about 9-1-1. I didn't think anything of it really.

Then the phone rings. I assume it is Kevin as I hadn't talked to him since earlier in the morning. I answer the phone: "Hey! What's up?"

It wasn't Kevin. It was a 9-1-1 operator.


The lady identified herself and asked if there was an emergency. I then realized what had been going on. Mairead called 9-1-1. Great. I told her that the call was made by mistake by our 6 year old daughter and hung up with her.

About 5 minutes later....knock knock


It was the police.

I let him in and told him the call was made by mistake. I say he was a cop, but really, I have a hard time saying so because he was just a baby...seriously, I don't think this kid could have been more than 22? I just wanted to squeeze his cheeks he was so cute.....

Where was I?


Right. The cop was at our door, actually inside our house. I ask the officer to hold on a second, as I wanted to get Mairead to show her what happens when you call 9-1-1. By this time, she realized exactly what she had done and was crying. I assured her the policeman was not mad, and I wanted her to see him. He was so nice to her, and asked her if everything was okay, she shook her head yes, and said she was sorry.

To be honest, I am surprised it has taken this long for one of our kids to call 9-1-1, I am just glad they called 9-1-1 as an accident and not because something was wrong! I hope Mairead learned a valuable lesson!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!