Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy 10 Months, Clara!

This morning, we came downstairs and did our typical morning routine. Then, it hit me. Today is July 20th. Today, Clara is 10 months old. It hit me like a ton of bricks. 10 months seems so big - it just doesn't feel like it has been 10 months since she was born into this world. I look at her and she amazes me each and every day. Her personality is just blossoming. She is certainly a fiesty one! As the day passed, I would just look at my little baby and stare at her in amazement. She has grown so much. It's pretty emotional, I mean, when did she change? Did I miss anything? Don't get me wrong, I think about this with all of our girls, but today, it was about Clara. I thought about her 1st birthday party. Next month, we will start planning her first party. Sending out invitations for the big celebration. Mairead has been counting the months, and I know she is looking forward to celebrating her little sisters first birthday. It will surely be a special day...but for now, I am going to enjoy our little baby Clara.

For being just 10 months, she has brought so much to our little family. She has two big sisters who love and adore her. She is starting to melt her daddy's heart, just like her sisters have done. Each month that goes by, she conquers so much. Last week, we were at swim school with the big girls, and Kevin walked in, and Clara says "daaadaaaaa" quietly. It was as clear as day but so incredibly sweet. Two nights ago, she took her first steps. Three-four to be exact. She continued to do it a few times after, and has done it a few times since. She's on her way to being able to do a better job keeping up with the big girls! She loves to be at the beach. She loves watermelon, especially at the beach. She loves pirates booty. She loves food. She can scream with the best of them. She knows what she wants. Did I say she knows what she wants???

She has really turned a great corner with sleeping at night! She has been sleeping until around 5am, sometimes later, too. She is just turning into a big girl. Tonight, while I was putting her to bed, she was nursing, and caressing my arm with her hand, looking so relaxed. It was so cute and I had my cell phone with me, so I had to snap a photo of her enjoying some milkies before bed. She is still nursing about 6-8 times a day and eating breakfast and dinner. She has been demanding to eat during lunch, so lately, she will have a snack with the girls during lunch. The girl likes to eat! She even likes Lobster - who doesn't? Looks like she will follow in her sisters footsteps.

Clara loves to dance! She loves music. During naps and night, she listens to music, and every time I bring her into the bedroom to sleep, we will stop at the music to dance a little bit. When I stop, she shakes her head and dances some more! Talk about cute. I can't even describe how cute she is! We are so lucky to have such a sweet, beautiful baby girl in our family. She brings us so much joy! Each month, she just blossoms even more! The thought of life to come with her brings a smile to my face. Happy 10 months baby girl....time has gone too fast, but at the same time, I can't remember a time without you! xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!