Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ahhh...Together Again.

Yes, you read that right! Kevin is home!
Daddy with Lilah

Kevin was able to hop on an evening flight home last night! Our neighbor sat here while I went and picked Kevin up very late at the airport. Can I just say how nice it felt to crawl into bed with my husband? Seriously. So good. I didn't tell the girls their daddy was coming home. I wanted it to truly be a surprise. And it was.

When I knew the girls were awake this morning, I went into their rooms to get them. I told them to get into my bed and we'd lay together before we started our day. The girls ran into our bedroom (Kevin was under the blankets) and climbed up onto the bed. Mairead tried to crawl under the blankets when Kevin popped up! She was shocked! If I could only explain the look on her face! Lilah had the look of excitement. Pure happiness. Once the shock wore off for both of the girls they were so happy. It felt so good to be together again as a family.

Today was also Mairead's first day of preschool. We all took Mairead to school as a family. Everyone was surprised to see Kevin home. Mairead was so excited to be at school. She had been talking about it for days! She just loves school. While she was there, the rest of us went home and just enjoyed each other. Kevin played with Lilah & Clara and I just sat happily watching. It was awesome.
All ready for school

After Mairead finished with school, we spent the day together. Had lunch. Rested together. Just enjoyed.

Not only was Maireads first day of school today, but it was also her first soccer practice. Ever. She did really well. At first, she was barely kicking the ball, but by the end, she was catching on! Her first game is Saturday and it is going to be a hoot! Nothing like clueless 4 and 5 year olds on the soccer field!
Future soccer star?

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner together. It was just so nice to finally be together again. I am still in denial that he is finally home. In some instances, the time seems like it went fairly fast after looking back, but in others, it seems as though he left so long ago.

I'm just glad he is home. Safe and sound.

1 comment:

  1. What else can I say, but YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!