Saturday, September 18, 2010

...And even more fun!

I have to say we've been having lots of fun! It seems summer has ended here in Maine and fall has arrived. The days are cool and the nights are chilly. The sun is setting earlier and earlier, which I absolutely hate!
Alex with Lilah & Clara

With Alex visiting, it has forced us to get out and have fun! On Wednesday, we picked Mairead up at school early and headed up to New Gloucester to go apple picking. It was a beautiful day! The girls were so excited. Last year, our sweet Clara had just been born, and this year, she was running around the orchards eating apples like a crazy lady! My, how times have changed! The girls really "got it" this year - they knew how to pick the apples (and eat them), and I think they really had a blast together. Not only were the apples fantastic, but the apple cider donuts were to die for! I couldn't get enough. It was one of those days where I used the "I'm pregnant" excuse to grab that extra donut! The girls also had a blast playing with the pumpkins and picking one out for home, too. Apple picking is probably one of my all time favorite fall activities! Of course, once we got home, I made some homemade apple crisp! Definitely a Ferrie family all time favorite here!

The fun didn't stop that evening either! We had a sitter to watch the kids while me, Kevin and Alex met one of Kevin's friends for an evening of sailing on Casco Bay. I was excited, though I knew it was going to be cold, but, hell, it was a few hours away from the kiddos and some alone time with Kevin. I forgot we'd be sailboat racing that night, so once we got to the boat, the fun began. The wind was whipping at 20-30mph and it was hairy out there! When I was asked to put my life jacket on, I knew things were about to get a wee bit rough out there! We almost collided two separate times with other sailboats and we watched one boat almost capsize because of the wind. It was insane but soooooo much fun!!! Talk about a rush of energy. It felt great to get out there and have some fun!






On Thursday, I had an ultrasound to see what was going on inside of my belly. We decided to bring the girls and of course, Mairead was asking all sorts of questions. I told her we were going for an ultrasound to see if there was a baby inside of mommy's belly. We learned the baby was measuring about one week behind my dates, but we did see a heart beat flickering away! I knew I'd probably measure behind since I ovulated so late into my cycle. Other than that, everything looked normal. Mairead was so excited to learn there was indeed a baby inside...so excited, she proceeded to tell every Tom, Dick and Harry about the baby inside mommy's belly. Not only was she excited, she kept asking the U/S tech to check if it was a boy or girl. I told her the baby was too small, but that only confused her, so I told her the baby was the size of a M&M. That helped - so not only did she tell people there was a baby inside of me, but she told them it was also the size of a M&M! :)

Overall, a really great week! We spent some time with my parents, Mairead's 2nd soccer game and a birthday party for a friend. Life is busy, but we're together, and that is all that matters. It's like a huge brick was taken off of my chest.....no more stress.....enjoying life....and I'm happy. Next week we'll be on to bigger and better things - Clara's 1st birthday, Kevin's birthday, field trip and Clara's 1st birthday bash! Can't wait for more memories to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!