Wednesday, October 6, 2010

...and this is fall

It's been officially fall here for a few weeks but up until the other day, it didn't have that crisp, fall feel to the air. Sure, the weather was cool, but it just didn't smell or feel like fall. I would say the fall seasons is probably my second favorite season here in New England. Of course, summer is first on my list, followed my fall, then spring, then winter....and yet, I still love New England.  

The trees are starting to really turn bright, beautiful colors. They're starting to fall to the ground. The nights are cold and the days are cool and brisk, but the sun, still very warm. This past weekend, Mairead had a soccer game at 0900 - and it was chilly! It was probably the first day that truly felt like a fall day. We relaxed and enjoyed each other for the day and went out to a local clam chowder joint for a nice, warm bread bowl of clam chowder. Yum.



On Sunday, we drove about 45 minutes to a local pumpkin patch and corn maze. We had taken Mairead & Lilah here 2 years ago, but they were really too young to "get it". It was an absolutely gorgeous fall day on Sunday. We dressed up in some fall clothes, made sure we had some jackets and enjoyed ourselves! The girls started off playing with the goats, sliding down the big slides and taking a ride on a little tractor train. The goats kept trying to eat the buttons of of Lilah & Clara's outfits. It was hilarious! After that we went into the mini corn maze. The girls found their way out, so we thought we were ready for the "big" one.......HA! Who were we joking. Even with the clues, we couldn't find our way out. Over 35 minutes into it, we were lost and decided to cheat our way back to the start. Clara was getting fussy, wanted to be carried, and Lilah was getting tired, too. So, back we went!




Fall is great for days like Sunday. The air feels so refreshing and there are so many cool things to do for kids! Our girls are getting to be such a great age to really start enjoying these activities! Fall does depress me, too...I mean, it's the gateway for winter, and soon, we'll be trapped inside more than I will like. My kids will watch more TV, I'll get chubby from baking too many cookies and I'll spend too much money from frequent shopping trips to the mall! Winter does excite me, too....I mean, we'll have two of our three girls on skis this year, and I can't wait to see that! So, here's to enjoying fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!