Friday, October 1, 2010

Pajama day!

For the entire week, forecasters have been talking about this massive rain storm that was going to reach us by the end of the week. At first, they said Thursday - watch out! It's coming...well, it never came and they said it would be a total wash out with wind driven rain on Friday, so, I thought Friday would be a great day to do something inside with the girls.

The other day before school, Mairead asked if she could have a pajama day, I told her Friday was going to be a rainy day and we could have a pajama day on Friday. So, when Mairead came home from school yesterday, all she could talk about was staying in her pajamas all day today! It was so cute.
Look at me! I can climb!
...I may be a climber, but look at me! I am so cute!

Ahhhh...Pajama day!
This morning we woke up, I looked outside and...what do you know! No rain. Actually, the sun was peeking out. What the heck!?! Of course, Mairead didn't care and she wanted a pajama day regardless, so a pajama day it was! You wouldn't hear me complain about not having to dress myself, shower or dress the three girlies! We woke up, brushed our teeth and headed downstairs. The girls watched some Angelina Ballerina and played some. Clara practiced climbing on top of the little table and exploring the house as usual. Once Clara went down for a morning nap, we did a quick halloween craft. Target had these great build-a-spiders for only $5 for a set of 4 spiders. Let me say this - I am not an Arts & Crafts kind of mom, but this was right up my alley. It was very easy, only needed a glue stick and the mess was very minimal! The girls had a blast!!!

After we made our halloween spiders, we cleaned up and got ready to make chocolate chip cookies. I used this recipe. I've used this recipe before and it always comes out so very yummy! The girls love to make cookies and so do I. By the time we were done, the rain finally started! Now, we're socked in and loving it! We haven't had many rainy days at all in the last 6 months, so you aren't hearing me complain...yet.
Mommy & Lilah's Spiders
Mairead's spiders
Mmmmm! Nothing like finishing the morning off with some cookies!

Once I put the girls down for a nap/rest, I came downstairs and started to make homemade pizza dough for dinner tonight. I made the dough, rolled it all up into a pretty ball and went to walk away. Then. I. Noticed. The. Yeast.........I forgot to put the yeast in the pizza dough. Nice. I guess this is what happens when I try to be betty homemaker three times in one day - arts & crafts - cookie making - fresh pizza dough. I added the yeast in and I am praying the dough rises like it should! Homemade pizza sounds so good on this rainy, no good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!