Friday, March 16, 2012

Running away...

Today was one of those days. And you know it is going to be one of those days when you start threatening and putting kids in their rooms in the first 15 minutes of the day.

Every other minute, it was something else.

Clara was pushing Mairead.

Mairead was whining.

Lilah wouldn't stop saying "Mommmmm.....Mommmmmmm........MOMMMMMM"

Clara and Lilah were fighting over a toy.

Mairead and Clara were fighting over a doll.

You see the pattern? Yeah. And this was all in the first hour of the day. This is not the way I want to be starting off a Friday.

And of course on the day I have absolutely nothing to do, and to plan for as relaxing of a day with four kids can be sort of day, the kids decide to be a big pain in the ass!

So, I put the kids in front of the TV and take Callum upstairs to rock and nurse him. All was quiet, until I actually sat down to nurse Callum. Then, they were fighting again. 


(Disclaimer: My kids usually do not fight this much, so I really have no right to complain.)


Then, I come downstairs, and our front door was open. And Mairead says to me:

"Mom. Lilah is running away. She says she is going away forever"


I glance outside, and what do I see?

Lilah Loo walking on the sidewalk with two backpacks. One on her back. One on a roller. And I cannot believe I didn't have my phone camera ready to snap a shot.

I yell at Lilah to get inside. I send her to her room for not telling me she was going outside, especially when I was upstairs with Callum. I ask her what she was doing, and she said going away forever. I got testy.....HUH??? 

Then, I call her back down, and ask her why again. She said:

But mommy, I am tired of waiting to move to Maine! 


I guess she isn't the only one who is ready to go! How could I be mad at her after a response like that?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!