Friday, February 18, 2011

Doctor, Doctor

Today was a day filled with lovely doctor appointments. Lilah and Clara had their 3 year/15 month well child check - poor Mairead was sad it wasn't her turn for a check up, she loves going to the doctor.

Lilah was a wonderful patient, got two shots and barely shed a tear. At just over three years, she weighs a whopping 27lbs and is 35'' tall! She's my petite and perfectly portioned little girl at 25% for both height and weight. The pedi was impressed with her skiing ability! I chuckled as I answered the questions about whether or not she can "jump" (HA!) and whether she can dress herself, among other "silly for Lilah" questions.

Clara was all over the place! She got one shot and cried for a second. She is surely our "bruiser" weighing in at 23lbs and 31'' tall, about 50% and 75% each - Kevin and I often wonder where she came from as both Mairead & Lilah were barely 20lbs by 18 months old. I keep wondering if she will catch Lilah with her weight - I am thinking it may be very possible! She also impressed the pedi with her climbing and running skills. The pedi listened to her chest and said she definitely sounded congested, with some slight wheezing noted, but nothing worrying to her, and said she looked great otherwise! She said there has been a ton chest colds going around, some taking several weeks to clear up. She said I shouldn't be surprised if she still sounds congested for up to another week, and as long as she doesn't develop another fever, she'll be fine.

After spending most of the morning in the pediatricians office, we came home and ate lunch, then it was time for me to go to my 28 week OB appointment. Seriously.....what a waste those appointments can be. I swear if I didn't have to have my blood drawn, I'd wonder why I needed to go! I also saw the OB I am least thrilled about. I just am not into her - she's the only OB in that practice that I pray does not deliver me. I joke to Kevin about keeping my legs crossed when it is time to have the kid so I don't have to have her deliver this baby. Anyways, she checked my cervix and it was the same, so that's great news....still 1cm/50%. I also had my blood tests for checking my iron, and my A1C/random glucose since I asked for an alternative to the glucola testing. Other than that, it was an uneventful appointment....Next week I have an ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!