Sunday, February 20, 2011

Let's get this party started!

Me & Kevin at my first 5K on Mother's day - what a gift!!! 

If you have been a faithful reader of my blog for the last year, you may have remembered me starting my own 90 day running challenge!

Me, my girlfriends and mom at Fathers Day 5K! Awesome day!
I started a new blog last year called Melting the Muffin Top where I blogged about my trials in tribulations on learning to run and live a healthier lifestyle for myself and my family. Doing this challenge was one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Here is more information on how I started. I decided to start a separate blog about learning to exercise in order to make myself accountable for my commitment. If I knew people were reading about my successes and failures, then, I knew I had to finish what I started. During my challenge, I had friends, family and complete strangers tell me I inspired them to take on what I was taking on. I inspired them, and I have to say, it only gave me more motivation to finish my commitment as well as continue it! When I completed my 1st 5K on mothers day alongside my husband, it was such an amazing feeling! And on fathers day, we completed another 5K along with my husband, mother (her first), father (his first) and several girlfriends!

Without stepping foot in a gym, I lost about 18 pounds, went from a size 8 to a size 2/4, learned to eat healthy, ran two 5Ks and worked out on average of 5-6 days per week.


Me and my mom at Father's Day 5K (about 3 months into challenge)
I want to feel that good again and this is why I am going to start laying the foundation to being physically fit again. In about 2 weeks, I am going to start doing some light exercises at least three days a week for at least 30 minutes per session. These "sessions" may include a light walk, yoga and various other methods I used during my challenge last year. Since I have high risk issues with my pregnancy, I will have to pay close attention to what my body can and cannot handle. I realize I will have some days where I will not be able to exercise, and some days where I can tolerate it easily. I am not trying to get "in shape" or transform anything at this time, all I want to do is prepare myself mentally for what I am going to start after the little prince is born. My ultimate goal is to be able to wear a two piece bathing suit and get back to my pre-baby #4 weight by mid-summer. While I know making another commitment like this is going to be difficult, especially with a newborn and three other children, I know it is something I have to do in order to do something for myself - even if it is for 15 minutes. It is something. And you can do it, too.

So, if you're interested in joining me on my challenge, come on over to my Melting the Muffin Top and join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!