Monday, February 15, 2010

A new blog

I need to lose weight, and have been talking about losing 10-15 pounds for almost a year. I haven't done anything about it because I knew Kevin and I would most likley be trying for another baby (Clara). I knew I would be able to sport a bikini being big and pregnant, but now, NO WAY!

Now, I am back to the weight I was when I got pregnant with Clara. I am ready to lose the weight I have gained with the girls. I am not sure if Kevin and I will go for #4, and even if we do, I am ready to make the commitment to lose about 10 pounds. I want to feel good about myself, and right now, I do not.

When I was married 4.5 years ago, I weighed about 115-118 pounds, now, I weigh about 130. I was a rockin' 110 in college; in the best shape of my life. I want to feel that good again. You may say I don't look like I need to lose weight, but I certainly feel it, and my body needs it, too. I need to get my body in better shape, even if I don't get back to my wedding weight.

I've had about one year to prepare myself mentally. I've always said Spring 2010 I would begin. Here we are in 2010, and March is approaching. I have been trying to think of the best way to do this. It is hard with three little girls to make time for the gym. I would much rather try to do it with my girls. The hard part....I don't run. I've thought about starting to rollerblade again, and I could do that with our double stroller, too. I am also not motivated enough to work out in front of a TV either on a regular basis either. I have thought long and hard about how I am going to lose this weight, and I am going to learn to run. Yes, me, the anti-runner. Please don't laugh!

In order to keep me true to myself, I thought I would start a blog (separate from this) about running for 90 days. I am going to give myself 90 days to make an opinion on running, and in that time, I hope to lose a little bit of weight, and more importantly, get my body in shape.

I hope it works. I am ready to do something good for myself. It is something I will be able to do with my girls, my husband, my friends, and neighbors. Once my blog is up and running, I will post the address.

I need some ideas on what I should name my new "running blog"...........what do you think? Leave a comment below!

6 comments:

  1. i think having another baby may be easier! just kidding. if anyone can do it YOU can! good luck--can't wait to read about it, because i certainly won't be running...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so, too! I can hide all my belly blubber behind the babe! :)

    Any ideas on the name???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I love this idea. I hate running, but can I join you on the eliptical????

    Name ideas:
    Relay for Self
    Running from the Blubber
    Reducing the Rolls
    ( i want you to know at this point I am laughing all alone at my table....I needed this today!!!)
    Jogging off the Jelly-Belly
    (ok, now I am really cracking myself up!!)
    Sprinting Toward Skinny

    Ok, enough from me.....hope you got a good laugh at least! :) I know I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some Awesome & clever names from Jen ;)
    I'll be praying it goes well. I'm not quite the same as I was in college either, and right when I get back into my old jeans I end up pregnant again. lol. Someday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love 'Running from the blubber' ha ha ha - that is classic!!!

    I can definitely fit into my jeans, but I'm not diggin' the muffin top that goes with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh, the muffin top. Maybe you call it Melting the Muffin Top! HAHAHAHA!!! I worked out today...ouch! I keep putting off getting it into my weekly routine and I just had to do it. I put a barricade in front of the elliptical and went for it. Leah was well behaved...however, I needed some help from Barney. Oh well. I guess I need to invest in some magazines.

    ReplyDelete

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!