Friday, February 19, 2010

One-on-One

Having three girls who are all close in age can be very busy. It also makes it a bit more difficult to have alone time with each of them individually. I think it is very important to have one-on-one time with each of the girls on a regular basis, and I am lucky to have the opportunity to do that! On Fridays, I have a sitter who comes over for a few hours in the morning. I use this time to clean the house, organize, work on projects I may not get time to work on otherwise, or spend one-on-one time with one of the girls or even Kevin! We will use our sitters on Friday evenings so Kevin and I can catch dinner together, too! It really works out well, and I am lucky our sitter is so flexible to do either days or nights on Fridays.

Today, I had planned on cleaning upstairs and then running some errands by myself. I had got to thinking a bit, and thought Mairead may enjoy a few hours out alone with just mommy. When I told her she'd be going out to lunch and then shopping with me, her eyes lit up! She was so excited. She threw her clothes on, and was jumping up and down. It made me so happy to see her so excited! I nursed Clara and kissed Lilah good-bye, and left our sitter with the two younger ones.


We started off at Panera for lunch. Mairead ordered on her very own - mac n cheese with a chocolate milk in a box. She picked out a place to sit, and we had lunch together. It was great! You could tell she was just so happy! 

Once we finished with lunch, she was adamant about going to the mall for some clothes. She wanted to go to BabyGap, so off we went! Mairead is a natural shopper, and always has been. She loves looking at all the clothes. I really think we could spend all day shopping and she would be the happiest kid on the block. I really don't think you realize what a natural shopper she is! She races around the store with clothes in one hand, and going through more clothes. It's awesome! 

She picked out a cute skirt for her and the same skirt for Lilah, but in a different color. How sweet! I was so proud of her for thinking about Lilah, too! I really think she would have bought the entire store if she could have! 

After BabyGap, we went to a few other stores. She was in heaven! We ended up in a shoe store that is closing and reopening to a bigger store out of the mall. She thought it was great to see all of the shoes out. Mairead also loves shoes, and I think she'd have a gazillion if I let her! I was looking at a pair of shoes, and she saw some black heeled shoes, and of course, she had to try them on! 
All in all, we had a really great afternoon together. I think it was just what the two of us needed. I never want my girls to think I never spent enough time with them individually. It's so important to them, and it is important to me, too. It's not often I get to focus soley on one child for more than a little bit here and there. Lilah is still little where even a trip alone to the grocery store is good enough for her! Mairead is at the age where she really is a lot of fun. I couldn't help but look at her sitting with me at Panera and thinking how big she was! She just looked like a BIG GIRL....she was out to lunch with her momma and loving it! Next time we'll go get a pedi together!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day Steph! Lily is a little shopper too, it's scary. Eden is still at the stage where she likes to hide in the racks. ;)
    I love one on one time with my girls, It's easy now with just two munchkins, but I do wonder what it will be like when the third arrives. Kevin is really good about giving them one on one Daddy time too. I love the thought of having lot's of children and want to be able to nurture them together as well as individuals. Each child is so special and unique. We really are so blessed. I never want to take a day or a moment for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!