Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A proud mamma!

Last fall when we decided not to put Mairead in a preschool program I promised myself I would do "preschool activities" at home. Before Christmas, we worked on tracing lines to prepare her to start tracing letters. Now, we've been working on writing letters of the alphabet for the last month. It is so amazing how fast they learn once it all "clicks!" - I love it!

Now, Mairead is able to write her name, Lilah's and mommy. Right now at a bit over 3.5, she can write: A, B, C, D, E, F, H, I, L, M, O, P, R, T, U, W - I am so proud of her!!! She gets so excited when she does it!

Today we were doing some arts & crafts, and we got the markers out. She wanted to write her name, so I helped remind her how to spell (she's real close at that, too), and this is what she did (you may have to click on the photo if you can't see - I took it with my phone):

2 comments:

  1. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you just love that you taught her this??!!! It never gets old for me!!

    Good job Mairead and good job Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jen, Good Job Momma & Way to go Mairead ;)
    I remember when Lily first wrote her name, she was so proud, she just beamed. I love experiencing those moments with my girls.

    ReplyDelete

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!