Sunday, February 14, 2010

A great birthday weekend

Having a birthday the day before Valentines day can have it's advantages as well as disadvantages. Thankfully, Kevin does a good job at keeping the two separate. My 30th birthday last year was much more "climactic" - Kevin threw me a surprise party with family and friends, and not to mention, I had just found out I was pregnant just a week or so before my birthday. This year was much more "low key", and I am fine with that.

Yesterday was a great family day! We headed to Freeport for a little shopping. It was a beautiful day, and we had a lot of fun! I got a few new things at J Crew for the spring. After shopping we headed home for a little relaxing while the girls napped. We had planned on going out to dinner with the girls, but our good friends Laura & Derek invited us over for dinner. It was a lot of fun. We brought over the cake Mairead picked out for me, and everyone sang happy birthday to me. We finished off the night watching the Olympics.

Today we headed to my parents house to have a birthday/Valentines day lunner. Joe & Carley and their little baby, Landon met us there, too. It was a relaxing Sunday filled with yummy food and of course, love... My parents gave me a new hair dryer...wooop-dee-do-da....you may say, but this hair dryer is almost equivalent to being in a wind tunnel. It dries your hair in like 2 minutes, which is great when you're trying to escape out of the house with three little ones! Love it! Joe & Carley hooked me up with a gift certificate to 'Spa Finder', so Ill be able to get a pedi or massage in the near future....yeah!

All in all, this weekend has been great! Thanks everyone for making my birthday weekend so special! xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I am going to need to know the manufacturer and info on that hair dryer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is: Jibere de Paris: Tourmaline Series (it is red)

    I think my mom got it at a beauty supply store. It is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is so cute of the girls...but Lilah looks just like Emerson with that expression on her.... and I will be looking into that hair dryer!

    ReplyDelete

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!