Monday, January 31, 2011

Ski Bunnies

I would have to say that Kevin and I have created two monsters.

Ski monsters that is! 

Our girls are hooked on skiing and are absolutely loving every minute of it, and Kevin and I couldn't be happier about it.

Yes...I am still skiing. I know I am crazy, but I just can't seem to pull myself away. It is really getting me through this winter sane. The conditions have been fabulous and I am completely content "granny skiing" as I call it. 

On Saturday, we put both girls in lessons, which they really love! Here is our little Lilah showing off for the "yellow team"! 


At the end of the day, we picked the girls up at ski school and skied with them to see how they've progressed. It's amazing how much improvement these kids have in just one day! They are getting really fun to ski with, and I think it helps that they love it so much! Mairead told Kevin that "this is the best day ever!" It definitely makes all the hassle and craziness worth every bit. 


On Sunday morning, we didn't plan on putting either girls in ski school, and just spending the day together. We promised them a trip up to the "top" of the mountain on the Chondola or Gondola (it is Sunday Rivers version of a chairlift with Gondolas alternating every so many chairs). The girls were so excited to be heading to the top! 


Once we got to the top, the fun began! Kevin and I just prayed we would all be able to get down all in one piece! 

Mairead did really awesome skiing down, and it was a pretty big jump from what she had been skiing on with ski school. It definitely showed us where she needed improvement, and overall, we were so proud of her! Lilah....well, she had to be carried down a decent amount of the beginning, it was fairly steep, and with her lack of "turning skills" going down straight just wasn't an option! When we got to the bottom, we thought it might be a good idea to put her in ski school for the day, and of course, she was happy about that - she loves her friends at ski school and they love her! The day before we were told Lilah is everyones favorite and they actually "fight" over who gets her in their group because she's so much fun. They also said she is going to be an amazing skier and can't believe how great she does at such a young age! That's our crazy Lilah! 


Once we dropped her off, it was just me, Kevin and Mairead. It was nice to spend some one-on-one time with Mairead and let her really ski to the best of her ability! Every time we saw Lilah on the slopes, she had a huge smile on her face! We're so lucky to have such good girls! 


Around the mountain were little animals that the ski school uses - not sure what for, but Mairead knew where each and every animal was. Here she is showing us the beaver.

We had a lot of fun skiing with Mairead for the day! We made it up to the "top" of the mountain on the Chondola three times and each and every time she improved remarkably. She gets a bit comfy and doesn't think she needs to turn as much - I have a fear of her hitting a tree, so I get a little anxious, but other than that, I am so proud of her! 

At the end of the day, we skied again with the two girls! Have I mentioned how much fun it is to ski with them - not to mention, be outside for more than a few minutes at a time! I love watching the smiles on the girls faces! No tears shed. Happy kids = happy parents! 

Mairead in the black helmet, Lilah in the pink. I'll post more videos to vimeo later - but I just had to show off a little :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!