Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm a New Englander....He's a Floridian.....how did we meet???


Kevin and I have an amazing story, and I love to tell about it. Most people look back at the last 5.5 years of our time together, and get dizzy! It's been a crazy, but awesome 5.5 years, and we have accomplished so much together! I look at our amazing family, and it just shows how much love we have for each other! It definitely hasn't been easy, but nothing in life is that easy, especially when it comes to marriage and raising a family.

I got my bachelors of science degree in Nursing from Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, Florida. At that time, Kevin was working in Tampa for the Coast Guard. We dated very casually, and since we lived 2 hours apart, it wasn't really that easy to have anything more than a casual relationship. We got together, had some fun out in Tampa, and met for dinner. One of the last times we saw each other in Florida, Kevin was working a job down in Fort Myers. I met him and his friends out down at Fort Myers beach, when I left, Kevin was yacking in a tub after drinking a weeee bit much! I said my good-byes, and didn't expect to see him again.

Fast forward a few years later.....

After graduating from FGCU, I was working as a nurse in New Hampshire and living with my parents. I was working nights, and one night we were bored. We were surfing the internet, and while working with a bunch of single ladies, we went onto match.com. Tsk...Tsk, right? :) There was a contest for "Live! With Regis & Kelly's" dream date search. We joked around, and I said I would enter as a joke. Well, I kept making it further to the next round, and before I knew it, I was in NYC with my girlfriend Molly on TV! It was crazy. I couldn't believe I actually went through with it, but I did. The guy (Casey Mears - Nascar driver) didn't choose me, but he was a dud, and I was just happy to hang with Molly in NYC. When I arrived home, there was an email from...

Kevin Ferrie

I thought "there's a blast from the past!", he was going to grad school at University of Michigan. He was apparently "milking a hangover" and stopped on "Live!  With Regis & Kelly" because there was a mention of "3 lovely ladies". Next thing, he recognized me! At that time, we were both in relationships that were in their ending stages. We kept in contact here and there. After he moved from Michigan to DC, we started talking a lot more via telephone and internet. We decided to reconnect.

In August 2004, Kevin flew to see me. We spent the weekend together. We had so much fun, it seemed too good to be true. When he left, I had that feeling. We continued to see each other, flying back and forth from Virginia. There was definitely something there. Just days before Christmas, Kevin surprised me by flying to NH to propose. He used a "Build-a-Bear" dressed like Johnny Damon with the ring attached. I couldn't believe it!

Before I knew it, I had my condo for sale, gave my notice at my job and I was moving to Northern Virginia to be with Kevin. We were married that September (2005) just one year after we met for the second time. Talk about a whirlwind! We had an amazing wedding weekend with all of our friends and family. To take things to the next level, we found out we were expecting our little honeymoon token, Mairead, just days after our arrival back home to the states...and the rest is history.

I love the story about me and Kevin. What are the chances of something like this happening? I knew there was a reason why I decided to go on the show. Everyone kept telling me "you never know what this will bring" and they were right...

1 comment:

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!