Thursday, January 7, 2010

When you're having one of those mornings...just stay home!

Today has been one of those days...When Mairead woke up at 730am and whined within the first few minutes of waking up, I knew it was going to be a "whiney" kind of morning. Whining to me is like nails on a chalkboard. It just goes right through me, and makes me want to scream! I tried to stay positive, but the morning kept getting worse! The girls were fighting, and Clara won't sleep for more than 45-60 minutes at a time lately. I'm trying to get out of the house to run a few errands before Kevin's parents come into town. I heard that WalMart had some really great baskets for cheap, so I decided to hit walmart since it was a two-fer --- groceries and baskets.

When I got into the car, Mairead started screaming. She wanted to take off her sweater in her car seat. She melted, and so did I. I felt horrible for snapping at her, but I had enough of her whining and crying over nothing. Clara was screaming, and I couldn't get my act together to leave. But..I did.

Off we went to Wal-Mart. The girls were great in the store, no whining, and we just had some fun. They picked out some fruit and things to eat, and we were all good. We checked out, and headed back to the car. Strapped in the girls, and everyone was happy - except for Clara. She hates the car.

I hopped in my seat, put the keys in the ignition and CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK.......nothing. Tried again, and got the same. UH OH. My car was freakin' dead....and I was stuck in walmart parking lot! I knew I shouldn't have left the house this morning! I called Kevin, not expecting him to be able to leave since he was planning on leaving early to pick his parents up, but he did. He was there in 20 minutes! Thank God for him or else I would have had to summon some strange man to help...also my girlfriend, Cassie, called to help out, but by then, Kevin was on his way.

The girls managed very well! The DVD in the car still worked, so they happily sat and watched Elmo, which was a big treat. We only let the girls watch a movie in the car on lengthy car rides, or if we are sitting in the car while I nurse Clara. They didn't say a peep....until the DVD died, too!

We made it safely home, gave the girls lunch, and off they went for their rest! Ahhh, days like this make me cherish the quiet afternoons!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!