Sunday, January 31, 2010

A relaxing, family weekend...

...that went entirely too fast!

Weekends always go by too fast! I hate it. This weekend was nice, we didn't do anything. We are all recovering from colds, and it was nice to just enjoy each other. Friday night, we ordered Chinese. Lilah had had a fever all day, and was definitely not herself. She was asleep by 730pm. When we woke up on Saturday, Lilah was back to her spunky self. I hate when the girls are sick. Thankfully, it doesn't happen often, and when it does, it's usually just a minor cold. We've been SO lucky. Wait, I should knock on wood.

Since Lilah was better, we decided to take them swimming. They are doing so great! Mairead is wild. She has gained so much confidence in the last month. She jumps in, goes underwater, and is just doing great. She is also really into swimming without her belt. She can definitely stay afloat for a few strokes. I love watching her improve, she gets so excited! You have to be careful with Mairead though. I don't want her to have a bad experience because she tends to regress easily, and I don't want her to think she can swim...but overall, she is doing amazing in the pool.

Lilah is doing great, too! This kid has NO fear. It's kind of scary. The teacher really wants to get her out of the baby/parent class and get her into a structured class. She is swimming with a belt, and is almost at Mairead's level. This summer should be interesting!

Saturday night we had dinner in, and another quiet night. Kevin and I played some Wii. Our exciting Saturday nights are not what they used to be! I know they'll be more exciting soon enough. Sunday was nice, too. I made some more homemade donuts, and then my parents came for a visit. My dad helped Kevin put up the crown molding in the kitchen, and my mom helped with the girls. We went to Target, and the girls got to pick out a new toy. Lucky them! I made a nice dinner - roast chicken, stuffing, potatoes and veggies. Yum! Looks like I'll be making homemade chicken soup later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a COMMENT or QUESTION? Leave one here!